Possible holy grail of shifting for MTB tandems: Archer Components D1x Shifters.
What is the most talked about thing when a group of MTB tandem riders get together? Possibly shifters, gearing, and cassettes. Archer components may be the new go-to solution. “The magic of D1x is that its user programs each shift individually using a smartphone, so D1x can be adapted to any combination of derailleur or cassette” Who can ask for more than that?
I reached out to Archer Components and now Lisa and I have a set on the way and will have a complete review.
You can check out their facebook page if you can’t wait for our review and get a 10% off code
- Drivetrain agnostic – mix and match to your heart’s content
- 30 hours runtime with all the bells and whistles
- 50+ hours runtime in low power mode
- Trail-tested and durable for wherever you ride
- SRAM MatchMaker® compatible
- Low profile and light weight (235g)
- Simple app-based setup
- Quick installation
- Fast and smooth shifting
- Highly repeatable shift points means you’re in gear every time
- Designed, built and tested in Santa Cruz, California